have your flat tyre fixed at home today
Mobile car puncture repair
Have you got a flat tyre on your car and need it fixed ASAP? Well, with our convenient mobile tyre repair service, you can have your puncture fixed whilst in the comfort of your own home.
Our experienced tyre fitters can repair punctures on a wide range of vehicles, including cars, vans, caravans, and trailers. We provide same day service at no extra cost, and our tyre vans are available seven days a week.
Why use Freeway Mobile Tyres?
There are many benefits to using our mobile tyre repair service, including:
- Same day service if you need your flat tyre fixed today.
- Hundreds of tyres in stock in the event we can’t repair the tyre.
- All our puncture repairs are performed to strict British standards (BSAU159) to ensure they are 100% safe and roadworthy.
- Appointments are available seven days a week.
- Coverage across areas of Poole & Bournemouth.
- Experienced and friendly tyre fitters.
- We can come to you at home, work or the roadside.
- Our fully equipped tyre vans can repair tyres on cars, vans, 4x4s and caravans.
- Local father and son business based in Poole, Dorset.
The tyre repair process
To fix your tyre safely and effectively, we go through several stages before and during the repair process:
- Firstly, we check to ensure that the puncture cause is in a repairable position on the tyre and that the hole is no more than 6mm in diameter.
- Next, we remove the tyre and check there is no sidewall damage. Driving on a flat tyre for some time can cause this and make the tyre unrepairable.
- If the puncture is repairable and the sidewall is intact, then we can start the repair process.
- We’ll drill out the puncture area with a 6mm carbide bit to pull the repair stem through later on.
- Next, we buff down the surrounding area inside the tyre until it’s smooth.
- Once buffed, we apply fast-acting vulcanising glue to the site and wait for it to dry.
- After a minute or so, we’ll pull the repair stem through the hole and stitch down the patch to ensure it remains in place.
- At this stage, we’ll replace the removed rubber with an inner liner sealer.
- To finish off, we’ll then replace the rubber valve and clean up the rim before reinstalling the repaired tyre.
With the current COVID situation, customer safety is our priority, so we offer a contactless mobile tyre repair service.
How does it work?
- Get in touch with us via phone or through our contact form to receive a quote.
- If you’re happy with the price, the next step is to book a date, time, and repair location.
- On the day of the repair, a team member will contact you to let you know when the technician is on his way. We will ask you to leave your car keys and locking wheel nut in a safe place.
- Once he’s arrived, he will remove your wheel and perform the repair in 20 or so minutes.
- Upon completion, we will put your car keys and locker back in their safe place and can then take payment over the phone.
How much is a puncture repair?
Depending on the size of your tyres, the price for a puncture repair can vary between £30 and £48. For an exact quote, you can contact a member of our team by phone or by using our contact form.
Bear in mind, if your tyre is unrepairable and you don’t want a new one then we won’t charge you a penny for coming out.
Areas we cover
Our mobile tyre repair service is available across many areas surrounding Poole and Bournemouth, such as:
- Blandford Forum
- Lytchett Minster
get a quote
Do you need a price for some new tyres? Give our team a call today for a quote.
We don’t recommend driving on a flat tyre unless in an emergency. Driving on a flat tyre will cause irreparable damage to your tyre’s sidewall after as little as 100m. Over a longer distance, you can potentially start to damage your rim.
The only tyre you can drive on is a run-flat tyre, but most vehicles do not have these fitted as standard.
A puncture repair takes no more than 15 to 20 minutes to perform.
Providing the tyre is repaired to the BSAU159 standard, the repair will last the lifetime of the tyre.
Some tyre manufacturers state that their run-flat tyres are capable of being repaired; however, we don’t repair run-flat tyres in any case as we cannot test the integrity of the sidewall; therefore we can’t guarantee the safety of the repair.
If your tyre has 3mm or less of tread, then we would advise replacing the tyre.
We will let you know the price for a new tyre in advance, so if we can’t fix your puncture, we can replace it instead.
Not necessarily. We can perform your tyre repair without any contact, however if the tyre is unrepairable we would like to show you in person the state of the tyre before changing it.